Where was this photo taken?ACLD Heritage Banner
    Home > Churches > Episcopal Church

    Episcopal Church Episcopal Church
The first Episcopal mission in Gainesville was established in 1860 by The Rev. O. P. Thackara of Fernandina; in 1868 five families belonged to the church. Meetings were held in private homes and in the Presbyterian Church until the construction in 1873 of the timber Gothic structure shown in this photograph. The church was located on the site that is now home to the Masonic Temple, 215 North Main Street. This wooden building served for more than 30 years. It was replaced by Holy Trinity Episcopal Church which was completed in 1907.
(click image to view larger size)