|ACLD Home Page | Research Center | Catalog Search | About the Collection|
Maps > Map of Alachua County, 1883
of Alachua County, 1883
This map of Alachua County was reproduced from "Eden of the South," published by Carl Webber in 1883. Included are townships, railroads, and county roads. Many of the townships no longer exist, but some names are familiar. "Fort Clark," now spelled "Fort Clarke," has been given to a Gainesville church and a middle school According to the notes that accompany the map, the name has been corrupted in usage to "Four O'Clock." Alachua County was much larger to the west, because Gilchrist County was not created until 1925.
(click image to view larger size)