|ACLD Home Page | Research Center | Catalog Search | About the Collection|
Transportation > Robuck Motor
Company, "Genuine Ford Parts"
Motor Company, "Genuine Ford Parts"
The Robuck Motor Company held the Ford franchise in Gainesville for a few years before turning it over to Shaw & Keeter. The date on this photograph is April 1923, and in those days a Ford Runabout was selling for $319, a touring car for $348, coupes cost $580 and sedans $645. For the wealthier automobile buyer, the Lincoln line also was carried; prices started at $3,800 for the touring car and rose to $7,200 for the town car and limousine. The location of Shaw & Keeter was 368 West University Avenue before July 1, 1950; the building number changed to 238 on that date, when the city changed the street naming and numbering system.
(click image to view larger size)