Where was this photo taken?ACLD Heritage Banner
    Home > Business > Baird Hardware Annex Grand Opening

    Baird Hardware Annex Grand Opening Baird Hardware Annex Grand Opening
The home of Baird Hardware was located in the second building south of University Avenue on present-day Southeast 1st Street for many years. On May 23, 1924, Mr. Eberle Baird and Mr. C. Addison Pound purchased the building to the north, on the corner of East University Avenue, for $50,000. It is believed that this photograph was taken at the Grand Opening of that expansion, the Baird Hardware Annex. It is also believed that one of the men on the right was Mr. Sam Mixson, a native and lifelong resident of Gainesville, who was Vice-President of Baird Hardware Company and a member of the Board of Directors of First Federal Savings & Loan. He died in 1975.
(click image to view larger size)