|ACLD Home Page | Research Center | Catalog Search | About the Collection|
African Americans > Williams
Mr. and Mrs. Hampton C. Williams and their children are seen in this undated portrait taken by Vansickel, a popular photographer around the turn of the Century in Gainesville. Mr. Williams, known to his friends as "Hamp," was a teacher at the Union Academy, as was his wife, Emma. The little girl was named Jannieve, and her baby brother was named Reginald. The Williams family is listed in the 1934-35 Gainesville City Directory as living at 932 Arredonda Street; the address was changed on July 1, 1950, to 736 Northwest 3rd Street.
(click image to view larger size)