Where was this photo taken?ACLD Heritage Banner
    Home > Law Enforcement > Gainesville Fire House & Council Chamber

    Gainesville Fire House & Council Chamber Gainesville Fire House & Council Chamber
This photograph shows the structure, built in 1903, that was home for both the Gainesville Fire House and the Gainesville Council Chamber. It was located on the southwest corner of present-day Southeast 1st Street at 2nd Avenue. The fire department at the time was equipped only with horse-drawn wagons. This view is from Lyman Thomas' collection.
(click image to view larger size)