|ACLD Home Page | Research Center | Catalog Search | About the Collection|
Business > Jackson & Richardson
& Richardson Market
Buying beef for the family table was strictly curb service back in the period about 1883, when Jackson and Richardson Wholesale and Retail Market was located on what is now Southeast 1st Avenue. The gents staring at the camera in this view are the proprietors and butchers of the store; Archie L. Jackson is second from left. This view was loaned by and copied with permission of Archie L. Jackson, grandson of the proprietor.
(click image to view larger size)