|ACLD Home Page | Research Center | Catalog Search | About the Collection|
Churches > First Baptist Church, 1875
First Baptist Church, 1875
The congregation of Gainesville's First Baptist Church was organized in 1870, and, with a loan from the American Baptist Home Mission Society, this church was built in 1875. It was located on the east side of Southeast 1st Street between 2nd Avenue and 2nd Place, just northeast of the old U. S. Post Office (now the Hippodrome State Theater).
(click image to view larger size)