|ACLD Home Page | Research Center | Catalog Search | About the Collection|
Churches > Rev. W. T. Hundley
Rev. W. T. Hundley
In 1895, Rev. W. T. Hundley accepted the call of Gainesville's First Baptist Church. Rev. Hundley had studied at Richmond College, as had several earlier First Baptist ministers, and he graduated from Crozer Theological Seminary. Rev. Hundley supported the building of a new, more "elegant" church, and he worked hard-to raise the funds to build and the enthusiasm to support the work. The new site was on the northeast corner of the intersection of East University Avenue and 2nd Street, and the building was beautiful, with stained-glass windows and a steeple. Rev. Hundley resigned in 1901 to return to Virginia.
(click image to view larger size)